End of Year Charitable Giving
Help Keep Heritage Pointe Safe and Secure
GIFTS OF CASH
- Stock market values appreciated during 2021. Your investments may have appreciated dramatically.
Gifts of appreciated assets are fully deductible up to 30% of adjusted gross income. Any excess can generally be carried forward and be deductible for up to five years.
- Donating appreciated stock, either to create a donor-advised fun (DAF) at the Jewish Community Foundation of Orange County or adding such securities to an existing DAF, is an excellent way to maximize tax saving from such gifts as well as provide you with a vehicle from which you can make recommendations for future charitable grants.
IRA Charitable Donations
- Many individuals over age 70 ½ find it advantageous to transfer funds directly from their IRAs to charities. The IRS Code permits these tax-free transfers up to $100,000 each year. They are excluded from income, can be used regardless of whether or not you itemize, and satisfy the IRA require distribution rules. Before this year ends, review your IRAs.
- Contributions can be made to The Heritage Fund which provide financial support for Residents in need.
Estate Taxes and Lifetime Giving
- Please consult your tax or estate planning professional advisers to guide you in maximizing these benefits and other tax planning strategies for you and Heritage Pointe.
- We ask that you do your part today by giving your end of year charitable tax donation to Heritage Pointe.
TIMING & DEADLINES FOR CONTRIBUTION TO NEW OR EXSISTING FUNDS
Please make checks payable to Heritage Pointe and include the name of the Endowment Fund in the memo line. Checks by USPS must be postmarked by December 31, 2021. Hand delivered checks must be received by 5:00pm on Friday December 31, 2021.
Please visit our website to make an online contribution to the fund of your choice. Credit card donations must be made by the end of the day on Friday, December 31, 2021.
Please provide a completed Letter of Authorization to your broker, and submit a copy to the Jewish Community Foundation of Orange County by email to DonorRequests@jcfoc.org or fax to 949.435.3499.
Stock donations should be authorized as early as possible, allowing 1-2 weeks for processing as they much be received in the Foundation’s account before 1:00pm PST on Friday, December 31, 2021.
What Will Your Legacy Be?
Heritage Pointe is a proud partner of the ‘Create a Jewish Legacy Program’ with the Jewish Community Foundation of Orange County. Over 60 families have signed a Letter of Intent sharing their promise to make a gift to Heritage Pointe. Please contact the Philanthropy Department to discuss your planned gift to honor our community of Mothers and Fathers.
Include Heritage Pointe in Your Year End Giving!
(You will receive a tax receipt for the full amount charged.)